View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 12, 2007, 11:05am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRef
I had this situation last week in girls 6th grade league. Both teams are in bonus. My partner calls a foul on B1 on a rebound attempt. As my partner is whistling, I see A2 push B2 with both hands in the back away from the play. I called intentional foul on A2. We had A1 shoot 1 and 1, then B2 shoot 2 at the other end. Then we gave ball to team B at centerline opposite table. Was this right?

What if it was not called intentional, and therefore called a double foul? No shots and POI, which would have been AP?

What if it was "more" after my partner called his foul, and I considererd it a dead ball hence a T on A2? I think this situation would need to be administered the way we administered it. Right?
If both fouls occurred at approximately the same time, you would have simultaneous personal fouls. If so, it doesn't matter whether one of the fouls was intentional or not. There's no FT's and you go to the POI. Rules 4-19-10, 7-5-3(b), 10-6PENALTIES1(d) and 4-36. As it's on a rebound attempt, the POI is an AP(rule 4-36-2(c).

If you rule that the fouls didn't occur at approximately the same time, you have a false double foul and you penalize the fouls in the order that you called them. In this case, you would have a personal foul, followed by an intentional technical foul.