View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 12, 2007, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRef
I had this situation last week in girls 6th grade league. Both teams are in bonus. My partner calls a foul on B1 on a rebound attempt. As my partner is whistling, I see A2 push B2 with both hands in the back away from the play. I called intentional foul on A2. We had A1 shoot 1 and 1, then B2 shoot 2 at the other end. Then we gave ball to team B at centerline opposite table. Was this right?
You got the administration almost correct, but it's not a simultaneous foul, because the fouls are of unequal "intensity". I'd call it a false simultaneous in my head, but not out loud. After all the shots, the ball does not go into play at the centerline, but nearest the spot of the intentional foul.

Quote:
What if it was not called intentional, and therefore called a double foul? No shots and POI, which would have been AP?
It wouldn't be a double foul. Ever. That's because the fouls weren't committed by opponents against each other. But you would have the penalty part correct.

Quote:
What if it was "more" after my partner called his foul, and I considererd it a dead ball hence a T on A2? I think this situation would need to be administered the way we administered it. Right?
Right, in this case, the ball would go into play at the division line.

Last edited by rainmaker; Fri Oct 12, 2007 at 09:07am.