View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 11, 2007, 02:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Wow. Got some bitterness issues, Cam?
Not at all. I'm actually very happy with where I am. I'm treated fairly and have no complaint about my place in things. You nor any one else has ever or will ever hear me complain about my own situation. I'm not the type to complain and blame others for my position in things. My rate of advancement has been far more under my control than anything else.

True, I didn't go to the tourney....but I also didn't expect to go to the tourney. Even if a few of the people that did go were not actually picked, there were still a few others more capable and deserving to go than myself. I'm getting closer every year and I do expect to make it at some point....maybe this year, maybe not.

I was one of the stronger proponents of the general principles by which we changed our tourney selection system....to allow the commissioner to pick people directly in order to ensure that women and minorities had fair opportunities...you can check my posting history on that very topic about 1 year ago when we briefly talked about our new system. I was simply highly suprised at some of the specific commish's pick. I didn't expect to be one of them.

I simply get tired of people always whining and moaning about the way things are when, for the most part, they only have themselves to blame for their lack of progress. It's all too easy to blame a good ole boy system, racial or gender discrimination, or favoritism....they are popular and inherently strong, highly sensitive, arguments....ones in which taking opposing views often serves to get you labeled as a good ole boy, racist, or chauvinist. I'm just more willing than most to call it BS when it is.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Thu Oct 11, 2007 at 03:00am.