View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 05, 2007, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHtown
Is there a real problem in schools holding the ball outside for 2 or 3 minutes on a regular basis?

I've been seven years in Houston, and there are some games I wish they CAN'T shoot the ball until 35 seconds have expired, so I can catch my breath.
There was a tournament game this year where one team held the ball for most of the first half, then blew the lead. The other team held the ball for most of the second half, then blew the lead. I think it was in Wisconsin or possibly Minnesota. Almost everyone who watched that game would be in favor of a shot clock.

In NY, most offensive possessions are completed in 18 seconds or less, and the shot clock rarely comes into play. One thing that almost always happens at least once every game is that the shot clock has to be reset because it wasn't started properly. This is a minor inconvenience. The other issue is that bad tables now have an additional opportunity to screw up. But that's really the responsibility of the athletic association and the athletic directors to institute and enforce standards and training.