View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 04, 2007, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Sweet Lou is being second-guessed all over Chicago for pulling Zambrano after only 85 pitches, or whatever it was. Brandon Webb (who I got to see pitch in person this season) threw a gem for D'backs.
I thought it was a puzzling move as well; I figured Z would go out and at least start the 7th, and get pulled at the first whiff of trouble. But then again, the only reason there's second-guessing is because Marmol didn't do what he had been doing pretty much the whole second half of the season - dominating hitters. If he does what he's been doing, Lou would be a genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
And Walt Jocketty is out as GM in St. Louis, less than a year after the Cards won the World Series. The team said his departure was a "mutual decision". Kind of puzzling.
I wonder if there's more to the story, perhaps some sort of friction between Jocketty and ownership? Or has another team (like Oakland) already approached him? I would think someone who is responsible for a World Series one year, and in the race until the last two weeks the next year, wouldn't be forced out due to bad performance.

(Used with permission.)