View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 04, 2007, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Three really good series openers yesterday. Of course, the one I really wanted to see was my Red Sox, but I was teaching a new applicants' class. One of the people in the class had a Blackberry and got updates of the score at the break, and by the time class finished, the game had already ended. But Beckett was amazing, Papi was his old self, and Manny even did a good job running the bases. (I think that's one of the signs of the Apocalypse.) Beckett threw his 3rd postseason shutout, and his second in a row. Ellsbury made a nifty catch in left, as a defensive replacement late in the game. Youk got off to a good start, too, which is nice to see after he missed a few games late in the season with an injury.

Rockies grab their Game 1 on the road in Philly, and Sweet Lou is being second-guessed all over Chicago for pulling Zambrano after only 85 pitches, or whatever it was. Brandon Webb (who I got to see pitch in person this season) threw a gem for D'backs.

And Walt Jocketty is out as GM in St. Louis, less than a year after the Cards won the World Series. The team said his departure was a "mutual decision". Kind of puzzling.