View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 02, 2007, 02:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron
They would not have done round robin -- takes too long, and could end indecisively.

More likely: draw lots for a "bye," the other 2 teams play, the bye team plays the winner for the wild card spot. Done decisively in 2 days.

I found out how this would have worked, if anyone cares.

MLB flipped a bunch of coins and Colorado was the big winner. In the event of a four team tie, they had the option of playing two games at home or one game on the road. They selected the single road game because it meant that they got a free win or a "bye".

So what would have happened is the Mets would have played one game at Phili on Monday. The winner gets the NL East and the loser goes into the WC battle.

The NL East loser would head to San Diego for a single game on Tuesday. The loser is out. The winner hosts Colorado on Wed for the WC bid.

But it didn't happen because the Mets couldn't win a game got their @zzes kicked at the end.
Yep, that's how I remember it, except I didn't realize Colorado already won their coin flip. I thought it was supposed to be between the 3 reamining teams somehow, looking at head to head play and the like.

Would have been something to see.