Thread: Hs Or Ncaa ?
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 01, 2007, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

Hs Or Ncaa ?

To all who contribute to this site a hearty thank you from DOWNUNDER as my reviewing of the issues that arise has helped me immensely.

I am a new "White Cap" in our football comp in Sydney Australia and we play under NCAA rules. I have officiated for many years as we have to impliement a "player-official" system as we do not have enough offiicials to run both venues (2 games per day per venue). I previously played for many years and coached for the past 9 nine years at club, state and national level.

The only difficulty I am having in reviewing the issues that come up in each thread is the didfferences between HS and NCAA rulings that are quoted, which make me run for the rule book or my latest Rogers Redding to check my knowledge - only to later realise the author of the post was referring to a HS rule rather than the NCAA version.

Could I ask PLEASE that all posters who quote a rule refer to which side of the fence you are quoting from - much like our Canadian friend does when referring to the applicable rule.

Many thanks
Darrin