View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 25, 2007, 07:45pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat-Man
Hmm, the stories I could tell from my side of the table. I'll chose my favorite three.

A couple of years ago, a MS Girls ref wanted to toss me for signalling 1 and 1 just because i wasn't the official scorer.

Last year, i wished I was empowered to toss a MS Boys coach for cussing out our timer. He had laryngitis and was unable to call for a time out and told her to "blow the G* D* horn!" I yelled back "john, don't cuss out my timekeeper!" (He was my HS JV coach and is known for cursing like a sailor). he eventually apologized. If I knew he was coaching this year and thought I could get away with it, I'd bring my croquet cards with me and give him a yellow card if he cussed her out again.

Several years ago in CYO ball, we played a team that had beat us by 20 the first time. Before the game, I even heard the coach make a comment to the effect it was going to be an easy game. But for this game, we had some new personnel and the game went down to last play. With under 10 seconds to go, there is a scramble in the paint and either a foul or jump ball call. The timer, who was a student, stopped the clock when she heard what she thought was the whistle. I thought i had heard the whistle blow as well. Anyways, the visiting coach runs up to the table screaming at the timer that she stopped the clock to soon. I can't remeber what I did; either I told him very firmly not to yell at her or told the official to relay the message. The officials did want 1 or 2 seconds taken off. But we still lost by one and he got his win, although it wasn't the walk over he was obviously expecting. :P
Croquet cards? CROQUET CARDS????? AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!