View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 25, 2007, 12:29pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Disagree, this should be the idea at all levels. Play hard, give it your all. I don't think what I'm about to say is is emphasized enough from coaches at all levels. You can still win but lose the game. How? If you know you gave it your best, you left it all out there on the floor, then you succeeded in your goals as a player. You are a winner even though you lost the game. I once went 10 for 10 from the field in a playoff game, my goal was to be consistent. We lost the game but I accomplished my goals and I left a winner, even though we lost. I was very happy and satisfied with the way I played. Now that I set this goal, if I went 7 for 10 the next time out, then I know I didn't prepare and play as well as I could have. That's on me, got nothing to do with the opposition or the officials. Maybe the Chargers need to consider this as well.
Mildly disagree only to the point that putting achieving your own goals above the team's goals is not the way to play. Sometimes you sacrifice your stats to help the team. That's why it's called a team sport. I do understand what you're saying however, as to making winning not the only thing.

I wish pro athletes would remember they're in the entertainment business and their #1 priority is to entertain their customers - the fans.