View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 24, 2007, 08:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
I've had 3 problems. Once in a MS game, the scorekeeper was shaking his head at almost every foul called on the home team. It was a blowout game and as the game neared the end the team behind got bumped right as she hit midcourt - tried to gain her balance - but stepped out of bounds - probably took 3-5 seconds. I called the foul - and the scorekeeper jumped up and said WHAT? I just pointed to the door and said OUT. Informed him that he WAS on my team.

I had a HS varsity game that the SK kept shaking her head on every single call - didn't matter what the call was, she didn't agree. I had a foul at the table and the ball ended up under the table - she shook her head in disbelief and I then went to retrieve the ball at the table. I leaned over to her and very quietly said, "If I see you shake your head one more time - so much as a nervous twitch, you are going home. Do you understand?" The other SK looked at me and mouthed the words "thank you".

Finally, last year, my partner counted a shot at the buzzer at halftime and the student at the table made the "wave-off" motion. My partner RAN to the table and RIPPED him. Actually made the kid cry . . . then the coach of his team went over and ripped him more. As we came out at halftime, a member of the school board came up to us and chastised us to which my partner told him quietly get back in the stands or head to his car. Funny.

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.