View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 24, 2007, 11:02am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjchamp
This was 8th grade basketball, parents doing the books.

Every foul that was made against his team, he had a comment for me. After about 3 reports, I told him that he needed to keep his comments to himself, that he was an official and needed to keep his bias to himself. After a couple more incidents, I asked if any of the parents on the sideline would be kind enough to relieve the current score keeper. One was nice enough to agree to help.

The old score keeper gets out of his chair and starts heading over to sit down to watch the game. But he blurts out something to the effect of "If you thought I was making comments before, wait till you hear me now." At which point I gave him the boot.

Not sure if this was handled the best, but it sure made the rest of the game easier.
Had it happened in a girls AAU game, varsity players. Star player, picked up some cheap fouls, parent at the table took it out personally on my partner. He actually started cursing him out, right there in public. Never had that happen before, didn't know what to do. Needless to say, he embarass the heck out of his daugher, and finally the host came over and replace him. Thank goodness!

Good job giving him the boot after that last comment.