View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 14, 2007, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canump
Question for you guys and gals if any on this.
As we are supposed to accept all protest in major tournaments whether judgement or rule interpratation up here north of the border to let the protest commitee rule. We can tell the coach that it is a judgement call but if he insist we have to accept the protest now my question for you guys.
If during the discussion with the protest committee the ump or umps say they saw the passing but made no call. Is that a misrepresentative of the rule and is that protestable.

Thanks Dale
If it is a judgment call and a UIC is called to the field, you better know where the local liquor store is located!!!

Actually, if it is judgment there can be no protest regardless of what the coach wants. However, when I'm talking "judgment", I am sole referring to a call which requireds judgment, not on whether you "judged" that a rule should or should not apply. Don't laugh, I've seen it.

If an umpire sees a violation and does not call it, that is not a judgment call, but a misapplication, or non-application if you prefer, of the rules and is very protestable.