Thread: Hey Ihsa Guys
View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 12:28pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
JR,
A couple of years ago (95 I think) they starting offering online education for people who could not get to clinics. Google IHSA online education and it will take you to the board meeting where it was approved. TJ1 told me about it so I looked it up and there it was.
I started officiating in 96 when Mary Struckoff was over the IHSA Official's Department. There was no clinic system as a requirement when I started. A year later the IHSA started the clinician system and requiring clinics to keep your license. That does not mean before that there was not an online education system at that time, but it was not tied to a clinic at that time. There were presentations online, but you could not just review that information and qualify a certified clinic. I even remember the letter than was sent out looking for people to start becoming clinicians.

Are you talking about the NF Online Certification? If that is the case the IHSA never signed off on this program and it appears most states have not either.

Peace