View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 07, 2007, 10:40am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymule
Let us know how things went!
Oddly enough both issues came up. But since the players were not named Able, Baker or Charlie, I wasn't sure what to do and just ejected them!

Everything went well. I had worked four years of ASA when I was younger, and it came back surprisingly well. I was by myself the first three games. I had the bases on the fourth. The only thing that felt weird was using "the carpet." I'd never done that before.

Thank you, archangel. I called a few illegal pitches because I'd been reminded to look for them. And I realized somewhere in the second game that I was starting to hurry my calls a little bit, so I slowed them down.

The only rules issue I had was what to do with the runners on an infield fly. They advance at their own risk, correct?

We had one injury. A lady in a hotbox dove back into third and dislocated a finger and the third baseman accidentally stepped on it, cutting it open. It was a little gruesome, and every lady in the place had to come have a look Lucky for her, my partner is an orthopedic surgeon. He "reduced" the finger (medical term for putting it back in place, I guess) to reduce the pain and sent her off to the ER to get it looked at.

The doc and I are on again tonight. We've got four games (two one-man, two two-man) including the final. Five games if we screw that one up. I hope this "beginners luck" holds out for just one more day.

Thanks again for the help!