View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 07, 2007, 12:49am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
From my limited understanding, when they changed the bottom of the strike zone from "top of the knee" to "the hollow beneath the kneecap," it was to make the strike zone bigger. If you look at the diagram in the rule book, the dotted line representing the bottom of the zone intersects the hollow directly beneath the front side of the knee. That line is significantly lower (perhaps an inch or so) than the crease that is "behind" the knee.
The verbiage is the hollow of the knee. It's crap. It was about "at the knee" so MLB moons without being anatomically correct, whilst swiggin brewskis no doubt, came up with this trash.

For me, if the ball, with pants on and Super X-ray vision "Off", the top of the ball, is at the bend of the knee which I can see protruding outside the pant when B flexes, I got a strike.

Other than that, at close strikes have a hell of a lot more to do with the quality of F1/F2 play. And B play.