View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 07, 2007, 12:20am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
There is a hollow directly below (which means beneath) the patella. Everyone has one. It is the visible indentation which I have used to determine the low end of the zone ever since they rewrote the rule. There is no hollow behind the knee.
The hollow is the indentation that is left/right of the ligament that connects the patella with the tibia. If you use this hollow, then you have Superman X-Ray vision. It is almost always covered by the pants.

Quote:
I majored in Physical Education, which is very similar to pre-med in its classroom studies, with Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology and never once heard of there being a "hollow" on the anterior of the knee.
The "knee" is a joint (no not like smoking tumbleweed ); anterior and transverse to the joint is the hollow created as described above.

Quote:
The patellar ligament is directly below the patella, and behind that is the meniscus, which is the hollow of the knee.
Bzzzzzzzzzzzt. The patella (knee pad) slides over the knee joint. The meniscus is inside the joint...

Note it is not hollow there. The meniscus (cartilage) is inside the knee joint. The hollow occurs right/left and is created by the patellar ligament.

Quote:
Behind the leg there is no knee, just a fibrous capsule which separates the femur and tibia.
What? The leg where? The leg includes the knee joint.

My God, Steve, what would have ever happened in phys ed class, if you had a pateller dislocation?

"Get up, you wimp, there is no leg behind your knee so that thing that is horribly deformed and looks like a small plate over on your thigh ain't anything."

Last edited by fitump56; Fri Sep 07, 2007 at 12:33am.