View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 06, 2007, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

I don't understand 1 & 3 at all.

Well, you better get crackin'. These issues come up all the time in women's church league play.

Here goes:

1. Abel on 3B, Baker on 1B, 2 out. Charles gets a hit off the right field fence. Abel scores, and Charles misses 1B on his way for an extra-base hit. Baker is thrown out at home for the third out, and Charles stops on 2B. The defense appeals Charles's miss of 1B. Ruling: Appeal denied. There are already 3 outs, and Charles didn't score. Therefore, Abel's run still counts, whereas it would not count if the advantageous fourth out on Charles was allowed.

3. Abel on 1B. Baker lines a ball into right center. Abel rounds 2B and is on his way to 3B when F9 makes a diving catch. Abel misses 2B on the way back to 1B. Abel slides safely back into 1B, and the ball bounces away from F3, allowing Abel to advance to 2B. With Abel standing on 2B, the defense appeals Abel's miss of 2B on the return. Ruling: Even though Abel touched 2B "last time by," he is out for missing 2B on his return to 1B.

I realize that tonight's game has already started, so I'm probably too late. Sorry.

Let us know how things went!

Last edited by greymule; Thu Sep 06, 2007 at 06:38pm.