View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 30, 2007, 07:34pm
Official Forum Member

You are either blind of a member of "the Nation". Youkalis took 4 steps to get away from the tag. It was blatantly obvious on the replay and shouldn't have been missed in the first place.

They did the right thing getting together and changing the call. U2 should have a just as good of a view of the play if he was watching the ball. U3 should have had the out in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900
Uke was heading in before the ball was in A-Rod's glove. He continues to head in as the feeble tag attempt is made then once past A-Rod, Uke hits the grass and turns toward 3rd.

The correct call was the first call. But then, we have to have a friggen meeting and 3 guys that have no view of the play seem to get the cal changed. The only real fault was the 3rd base umpire had no balls to stay with his call. The baseball diamond is turning into a flippen board room and I am really getting tired of it!

I had a similar play a couple of years ago. I did not call the runner out and he slid into 2nd base safely. I ended up tossing a defensive player and the defensive manager but the call was correct.
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates