View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 21, 2007, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
And generally, that's what I do - wear black gloves (not patent leather, of course - just kidding!), throw on a few extra shirts, etc. If all I'm calling is rec ball, I don't care if someone doesn't like my black gloves. And MNBlue, I know exactly what you mean - I'm originally from Wisconsin, so my blood is a little thicker than most.
You would have to be the way the Packers have been playing.

Quote:
Unfortunately, after 7 years of living in NC where it's currently 97 degrees, my tolerance has gone down slightly.

I just wish ASA would give some guidelines on what can be worn and what we should stay clear from during cold weather games. Perhaps sell something on their website?
Steve is right on target. What you wear under that jacket is up to you. What usually gets some people irked is when an umpire throws on a sweatshirt or something and then doesn't put the jacket over it.

Personally, I think the ASA jackets are quite warm which is why I will not wear the pullover. I believe ASA has introduced new gear that could be worn locally (hell, you can wear anything locally).

About 8 years ago, ASA was working on something "waterproof", but since the game really isn't supposed to be played in the rain (yeah, yeah, I know!), maybe they figured there wouldn't be enough demand to make it worthwhile.