View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 16, 2007, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

Integrity

First off I want to thank everyone on this forum for all of their input. I have been lurking since January and you have helped me not only survive my first season but made it enjoyable and very successful for a FNG umpire. I never visit without my rulebooks handy and will always try to find the answer in the book before I read responses.
Back to the thread. Since our season is basically over the only games I do are the Men's league games on Sundays. I know that doing Men's FP is not the most popular thing to do and it's pretty obvious why that's the case having to deal with these knuckleheads every week. I figure that if I can do this then other games I do are a piece of cake. The thing that I can't stand is when (and it's only one team) starts chirping "Call it both ways". It makes my blood boil. I can take it if someone calls a ruling BS as they walk away but when I hear the both ways thing time is called, the mask comes off. If I haven't issued a warning then I usually do but if the warning has already been issued then somebody's taking a walk. Am I being too sensitive? I've heard it from parents a few times but when it comes from a player or coach I really feel that my integrity is being questioned.