Thread: My ejection
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 08, 2007, 06:19pm
Official Forum Member

Oh, believe me, you wouldn't have any idea of how right you are and how WRONG I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel
Since the OP stated that the TD walked up and wanted to reinstate the player, without asking YOUR side of things (of course ejected players lie), then telling you to leave, I probably would have stayed, told the ejected players manager that the game will be forfeited if said player didnt leave, kick the TD off the field(whether he left or not is mute), most probably call the forfeit, tell the winning team that they may have to protest to keep the win, inform the other umpires nearby,and stay there for my next game.
Basically not making it easy for the TD to solve things HIS way. This diamond is MINE during the game.
Not everything is in our control, but I'd like to think that I'd finish this game and any others I had scheduled. Whether a forfeit win stood up, or the ejected player plays again in another game, or the possibly forfeited game has to be rescheduled, is now not my concern---only my game management, per MY call.