View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Touching White only at First but killing the play?

ok, after reading some of the other posts I missed during my week of umpiring I am scared to say where I was so lets just say it was an ASA tourney. No details so you can't check up on me.....

Anyway..I am 3rd base ump with a runner at 1st and a double play ball hit to SS I watch the play at 2nd and continue to make sure there is no INT by the retired runner then shift my eyes to first and see the runner trip and fall hard past first base. I didn't see the contact just her falling. Anyway F3 throws to pitcher in the circle 1st base ump calls time as the runner is still face down kind of moving around a little (just had the wind knocked out of her). NOW after he kills it defense starts talking about runner only touching white base....pitcher walks out of circle and touches first saying she touched the white only.

So I ask you what do you all have on this one???? Since you didn't get to see it (and neither did I for this part) the 1st BU and Plate ump said it looked like she got all white when she went accross 1st. I will get responses and then let you know what we ruled after the 3 of us got together and discussed it.

Last edited by DaveASA/FED; Mon Aug 06, 2007 at 03:41pm.