Thread: Bud Selig
View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 05, 2007, 12:41pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone
Rut , however you validate your acceptance on ANY athlete, and possibly yourself ,to take performance enhancements is your perogative.
Most supplements or any drug is a performance enchancer whether we want to admit it or not. If I did not take Advil the next day after working too many games one day, I would not be able to work the next day. And I know I use that drug very few times as compared to many officials that use many other types of similar drugs to help them continue to officiate. I am in my mid-30s, the older someone gets the harder it is for them to typically recover from stressful physical activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone
I have never had to convince myself or my body that it was necessary in ANY sport or atheletic event I participated in. IMO there is still a majority that feel the same way and will never accept those that do.

Just my opinion.
I really do not know what that means. I was trying to find something that allowed me to not be in a lot of pain the next day after a hard workout. My position has nothing to do with turning the other cheek. Actually, I do not see why we think that individuals that train year-round and have million dollars at stake, are not just better athletes and better prepared. I hear people say "Hank did it the right way." Well what is the right way? So Hank likely most of his career had to get another job because he probably did not make a lot of money during most of his career to just play baseball. Players did not have access to video tape of every game like they do today. I just find it interesting that we want to assume someone cannot do something that players of a different time did. If Mickey Mantle did not spend most of his career womanizing and getting drunk every other day, he might have been able to last longer in his career. I am sure Mickey like other players could have broken these records if they took better care of themselves on a daily basis.

Peace