View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 12, 2002, 06:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Wednesday, May 1, there will be another television "game". This time, it will be on the NBC show "Ed" with - get this - Paul Shaffer as the ref!

Talk about not looking like an athlete!

According to the story line, Ed was involved in a "controversial" game years ago, and Paul was the official. He comes back to town and is asked to officiate a "re-do" of that game (only on television could this happen).

Let's see how many I get right. If you have any predictions of your own, list them. Remember, the more it seems like a cliche, the more likely it will be on the show.
Okay, I know this is a very dumb question, but who is Paul Shaffer? I'm not very culturally literate, I guess.

I liked Ed last season, but I"m sort of done with it. Carol is really too repulsive. Predictions:

(A)Paul Shaffer (whoever he is) will appear to develop a crush on Molly, but will turn out to be either (a) gay, or (b)an NBA ref whose life is too crazy for her.

(B) Mike (the doctor) will dare Ed to try some kind of stupid Game-of-Horse type move that includes pulling his shorts up under his armpits.

(C) Shirley will be a cheerleader.

(D) Phil will return and be the announcer for the game!

Anyone giving donuts for this?!?