View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 31, 2007, 08:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
BTW JR, I see a lot of travel calls made at the NBA level. I have watched five minutes of some games and seen 3 straight trips with a travel call. It is just a call that is not called very consistently at all levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
2) True dat, but what's sad is that the supposedly top level, the NBA, probably is leading in inconsistency on travel calls imo.
True, I agree with Rut in that this call is not consistent. It was a point of emphasis this past season in the NBA to call more travels. What i think brought this to light in the NBA is LeBron in the Olympic games traveling just about everytime he got the ball. He would pitty-pat his feet before putting the ball down. I saw a lot of travels this year called in the NBA as well. One agaisnt Kobie in a game deciding play with 5 seconds to go. Kobie argued the call venomously but the replay showed him talking about 5 steps before dribbling. Great call....!!!! Why don't we get more credit for the good calls made.

I know I am not going to get that detail about this violation. It needs to be obvious, if not, I agree with the DI official you're just interrupting the game. I remember one hs game I had several years ago when my parter started the game out with about 5 travels. One on a wide open layup and all on the same team. Now that coach is pissed off and guess what, game goes into toilet. It got so bad that everytime a kid did something with the ball, TRAVELING from the bench and fans. At half, I told my partner, they're hs players, let em play. I'm not calling that nitpicky travel. I'm not watching nobody's feet that hard because I'm taking the broad global view of all plays in the game. (Damn sure I'm sitting there watching somebody feet and I miss the punch in the face.) Let's just make sure we get the obvious and everyone goes home happy. With that being said, I will admit that because of this, I will miss the marginal travels. I'll take that because I get game flow on the other end and once the players settled in to the game, they usually quit doing that anyway.