View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 08, 2002, 06:18pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by RecRef
Walk about half way up the lane with the ball under your arm and do the 1 and 1 with a finger on each hand.
I always walk into the lane a step or two, holding the ball with both hands. Then, I drop the ball and make the 1 and 1 waggle while loudly saying "1 and 1", then (I hope) catch the ball. It really gets their attention.

BTW - a few years ago, I was doing a game involving the son of a former NBA player (Kenny Carr) who was watching from right behind the basket. There was a two shot foul and the first shot missed. His son, who was standing in the low spot, must have thought there was a 1 and 1, because he soared into the lane, grabbed the rebound with one hand, let out a whoop, came down and looked for the outlet. He then realized his mistake and just shook his head.

His dad yelled at him and told him to keep his head in the game. Then, in a much lower tone, said, "Nice board, though." It was pretty funny.

Now, whenever a kid does something like this, I always say, "Nice board, though." It usually cracks up the other players. However, if the kid has been a jerk during the game, I usually will go up to him and say really loud, "See, 2 shots means he gets a second shot even if he misses the first." It usually embarrasses them which, of course, is my objective.