View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 23, 2007, 02:23am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Although umpiring is "baseball's narrowest door," I feel that it is wrong to discourage anyone from pursuing their dream by focusing on negatives such as artificial, man-made barriers such as age, sex, and race. I say "GO FOR IT"
Sigh Nowhere did I say not to goferit. I simply made a post regarding the REALITIES of making it to the pros.

Quote:

and don't look back. I listened to negative garbage, and decided against going to pro school, and have had to live with that regret.
Let's put this into focus. Married at the time? Children? Willing to live on less pay than will meet your annual bills? Off season, more temp jobs, no security, who knows if you are going to be back? Pro umpiring is a temp job. Now ypou got two. Or three. Or more.

If not, batchelor days, do what you want with them.

Quote:
If you commit to doing the necessary things to succeed, you have a chance, no matter how slim the odds.
A blind pig has a chance to find an acorn too. He's damn well committed, he's a hungry pig. And he is always starving to death.