View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 18, 2007, 12:27am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Originally Posted by fitump56
Fair enough, I guess I would propose that regardless of the mechanc, get umps used to calling 3 Man. I don't see this as a mechanic sitch. Did I answer your question, I am not trying to dodge it.

Yes, it is an area issue, but no one teaches squat around here anyway (off soapbox). There is absolutely no good reason that 3 man can't be tried and trued before post season, none. This is my fundamental complaint, it's not against 3 Man, it's exposing the ridiculousness of not having the proper prep and education well before post season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B
We call three man in 80% of our HS games, so its not always an issue here, but even if you call 3 man all season long, there is no reason NOT to cover all of this in pregame.

Its only about a 5 minute conversation and all three man can be covered thoroughly.

The problem is that some people don't want to do a pre-game thus problems.

thansk
David
No kidding, HS pay for 3 man where you are? I take that back, it's not as much a money issue as it is a personell issue. The numbers of umps aren't there in many places.