View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 14, 2007, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

Should I have ejected the TD/UIC? :)

ASA Mens FP with Paid official Scorekeeper. I'm PU.

Inning with a lot of action.. 1 run scored. End of 1/2 inning when score keeper updates the runs inning etc. Team points out that 2 runs were put up.

I go and talk to the score keepers.. who is positive that two runs scored... (maybe i missed one I'm thinkin?? I some times lose track..) .. well in short order there is a fire storm of heckling of the score keeper from BOTH benches that only 1 run scored (neither team is keeping a book but both are agreeing on the score) . So I calm down the heckling with some talking and a general warning, the score keeper lady is all upset. I go an talk to my BU who is positive only 1 run scored. We decide we have to over rule the score keeper and make the score right.

So I tactfully tell the very upset score keeper that I'm not sure where the error was, but no big deal, everyone makes mistakes but we gotta fix it and announce the score. The score board is corrected, then she suddenly yells time out time out.. play has to stop while she gets the TD. I tell her we are going, and put the ball in play.

The TD/UIC and head tourney scorekeeper comes over, talks with her (I'm working the game) and states the score is correct and puts the run back on the board (never getting my side of the issue before changing the score back).

Between innings I can feel myself getting livid talking to the td. I was very clear to the TD about who's was in charge. He says we will talk after the game, but the score stands and leaves.

OK, no big deal in terms of the game because it wasnt close (luckily)..

Anyway, we talk again after the game I'm very clear, I bust out the ASA Rule (I forget the # now and I'm in the lobby of the tourney hotel). Pretty well set him straight that he is never to do that to my field again, I am the chief official of the game as PU and that was the end of it.

So thats how my day went in mens FP.. plus 2 ejections.

Fun times.

As a side note, Generally Iget along pretty well with the UIC guy but somehow a rumor has been started that I DID eject the TD...