View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 13, 2007, 01:23pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
To me, I like working competitive games like this, especially the men because they are the best, plus, it's alma-no on alma-no. I mean, I don't have to hold back with my officiating technique. I think you needed to try and close that argument. Talking is okay as long as they are not out of line. Taunting will not be tolerated. When the player said he was intimated by them, that was your clue to relax and try to have a conversation and not a talk down. I would have said i think you guys can beat them on any given day but you can't let the talking get to you because that's what they are trying to do. You should go to a pro-game sometime and sit close. You will hear more sh!t talking then you ever imagine. Michael Jordan, biggest sh!t talker in the league.

Now I indicated that I like to work games like this. So I have a vested interested to want to keep good men's teams playing in the league. I would not have let the conversation degrade to him telling me I'm not any good. If that type of talk is coming at me, then we going there right away. It's not going to degrade to that over the discussion unless I leave that door open. Sometimes we have to be diplomats. Working men's is stressful, which is why I don't hold back on them. I have to bring my kick-azz attitude to the game because A.) I have to protect myself and B.) I have to protect the good players. If I don't, I will lose the players and if you lose the players, you lose control of the game. Not a good situation to be in, in a men's game.

Just my opinion

ROFLMFAO!!!

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio