View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 12, 2007, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Tim, your threat of putting me on an ignore list is particularly humorous. You will do no such thing. In the same way you open this thread, you will continue to read my posts. We all know how this works. In the real world, my friend, you cannot wave your arms and eject someone whenever they upset you.

I give you some credit for at least admitting that I know AS MUCH as you about the game, although I'm unsure how you can at least make that assumption without knowing who I am or what level I work at.

It is true that us coaches have agendas. These "agendas" go beyond winning a game, but include things like teaching, mentoring, organizing, and providing a memorable experience for players and families. Do you really think most of us get into this business (and, unlike you, we are not paid) for the pure joy of winning a few ballgames?

Looking at your attitude, please tell me how you would motivate someone new and young to get into coaching (which I would argue is THE most important role in baseball today) - if you have already pre-judged them as being a rat, liar, etc., and will continually walk onto a baseball field with this, frankly prejudiced, chip on your shoulder.

If you folks were in the majority then I would really fear for the game. I take solice in knowing that this is not the case and that your attempts to "belittle" us coaches is just a mob mentality coming from the type of person who is attracted to "Internet umpiring".

As to why coaches post and read this board, it is because it provides us with another medium to learn about the game - maybe if you folks did the same your experience on the field would be a lot more positive. We can learn a lot from each other if you just lost the attitude.

And again, I always teach my kids to respect umpires. Maybe you should give us the same courtesy.

See ya tomorrow!