View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 12, 2007, 01:26am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11
I'd never even think this on the field. But I understand why rats hate umpires. Its the attitudes that have been evident on baseball fields, and quite frankly, threads like these.
More to come........

Quote:

But at the same time, I understand why umpires hate rats, because quite frankly, I hate most of them all the time, and all of them when I'm on the field. As a fellow member of this board told me today, quoting Mark Hirshbeck: "Squash 'em all like F***ing bugs".
Quite frankly, more to come...

Quote:

What concerns me is that the next time I go umpire a game, a coach that has read this thread, or experienced similar conjecture or attitudes from umpires in the past (which certainly has happened), will lump me, the umpire, into a larger group of egotistical maniac umpires who hate all coaches as openly as we see in this thread (I do hate all coaches while on the field, but I keep that secret to myself).
But if the coaches you memntion are reading this thread and you think that your secret is secret...forget it, more to come...

Quote:

So now my day at the field has been made harder by other umpires, in a very similar way that it is made harder when the umpire in a team's previous game misapplied a rule and when I make the correct ruling I get a s***storm. The coach stereotypes all umpires the same way umpires stereotype all coaches.
Imagine that (psst) your secret is secret with me...unless coaches are reading this and...forget it, more to come....

Quote:

Who cares what came first? Coaches hating umpires, or umpires hating coaches? Its a part of the game, seperate yourself from this nonsense of worrying about it, and go call the game. And be ready to "squash em like bugs" if neccessary.
Sounder advice in a post I have never been more confused over.