View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 11, 2007, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C
I work ONLY for money . . . be it my job or umpiring ("the money" is followed closely by "the power").

It is odd for me to see someone tell me "my motivation" for working . . .

Again Don, we see umpiring (and now the world) differently.

Is there no question left why we are on opposite ends of every issue?

Regards,

BTW, I would STILL have a cold adult beverage with you.

So more power to you Tee. If you won't do something unless you are paid, that's your choice.

But there are multitudes that do not subscribe to that position and they are not lesser people for being different.

We have a youth "baseball" program consisting, this year, of 27 Little League baseball teams, five girls softball teams, and four "teener" baseball teams. All volunteer.

Our league started in 1952 and has operated continuously and successfully ever since. And in all that time, not one person be it administrator, concession operations, coaches, or umpires has ever been paid one red cent. Yet people continue to volunteer their time and give their money to support the program. I'm glad we have people who will work for something other than money.

And Tee, we're not alone. There are thousands upon thousands of volunteer organizations around the country who thrive because there are people willing to DONATE their time and efforts to the success of whatever their program is.

And, Tee, "different" and "wrong" are not synonyms. Accept people's motivation for what it is and don't reject them or look upon them with disdain because their motivation is not what you wish it to be or thnk it should be.

Last edited by Rich Ives; Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 10:23pm.