Thread: Would you "T"
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 03, 2007, 01:28am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler14
If it is not directed toward me or my partners I'm not giving a T in HS or AAU. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, it is just not a path I want to go down.
Well, the high schools (NFHS) have already said that you are wrong.

From a POE from a few years ago--"INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE: The committee is concerned about the use of inappropriate language by players, bench personnel, coaches, officials and spectators. Each group has a responsibility to the game and to each other to demonstrate civility and citizenship. The team huddle is not a safe haven for coaches' bad language. Players are not permitted to "let off steam" by using profanity, even if it is not directed at an opponent or official. Being angry at oneself is no excuse."

And before you script a reply, be aware that the NFHS has already answered your reply in another POE in last year's rulebook--"RULES ENFORCEMENT: Officials need to be aware that personal interpretations of the rules have a negative impact on the game. The rules are written to provide a balance between offense and defense,minimize risk to participants, promote the sound tradition of the game and promote fair play. Individual philosophies and deviations from the rules as written negatively impact the basic fundamentals and tenets of the rules."

How do I put this nicely? Hmmmmm.....I guess that I can't. When I read comments like yours above, the first thing that I say to myself is "Yup, another one that's afraid to call the T."