Thread: Would you "T"
View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 02, 2007, 08:30pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philz
I was doing and AAU boys High School game. Coach called time out and chewed his team out using profanity and was sooooooooooo loud that easily everyone in the gym could hear him if not in the lobby too. In fact it brought the gym to silence and he continued for about the whole time out (30 sec). I didnt call a "T" neither did my partner but we looked at each other like maybe we should have done something. I never thought of calling a "T" because he was trying to motivate his team but on the other hand I think he was probably out of control. My partner told me later a parent did complain. I did "T" him later in the game for something directed toward us but had nothing to do with this.

Would I have T'ed the coach? In a heart beat. AAU Boys' Baseketball is conducted using NFHS rules and that is a technical foul under NFHS rules. If the tournament director or your assignor does not want to support you then you do not need the agravation of officiating their games. AND, yes I have officiated AAU boys' and girls' national championships tournaments.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio