View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 02, 2007, 01:50pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE(I had 1 and should have run much more, just about all umps had at least 1) and one game forfeiture

(btw my secret resolution was to get through the year without an ejection -

From what I've seen I dont have much hope of the ejections slowing down, because if you pull the crap on me that has caused my ejections this year, I will run you every time.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that you are a fine umpire, but a small part of the problem may be taken from your comments above...
a) if you should have run more, THEN DO IT!
b)whats with the resolution for 0 ejections?
c)then you finish with the "dont take no crap" comment??

My yearly "#" probably varies due to player/coach/situations out of my control, so I never concern myself with it. But I do respect myself, and fellow officials, enough to deal immediately with abuse.

Too many times, players get away with comments due to no negative reaction from the umps. Then the next games umps have to deal with it. I'm no ego ejector umpire, but I've found that my # of ejections are down for probably 3 reasons: teams know the type ump I am, I try to know the rules, I try to hustle.
Way, way, too many umpires look at not ejecting as doing the player a favor. That always backfires.
If you nip it ASAP- warn(depending on sich) then eject,-- the league will back you, you can feel good about managing the game well, teams will respect you more, the games become more like fun then work.
There are dummies in every walk of life, the key is how you deal with the