View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 29, 2007, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo96
I agree that these may not come up often, but it was one I wanted to get right. Thanks for feed back. I may have more as I brush up before camp.
These situations may not come up very often, but when they do they directly impact on the outcome of the game. If you screw it up, it'll be the only thing anybody will ever recall about the game.

I had a partner completely blow a rule on a last second shot in a tied league championship game. He wiped off a basket because the clock showed 0 before the shot was off, but the horn was after the shot was released. We went to overtime and the other team won. It's not often true that the refs give the game away, but we did that day because we were all honked up about what to do about a situation at the buzzer. The outcome would have been right if even one member of the crew had known the correct rule and applied it. I'm still flogging myself over that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo96
FWIW... I am going to the Dave Hall camp at the University of Wyoming. Dave is a D1 official and there will be both D1 and HS evaluators. I work HS and MS, but I am looking forward to the interaction and education from both groups.
I've gone to Dave's camp at USU several times. He puts on a great camp and I always learn a lot. Do yourself a favor and find which gym Ray Lutz is evaluating in. Go sit at his feet and listen to everything he says. Seriously.