View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2007, 09:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestMichBlue
My experience is going the opposite way. I haven'd had an ejection in several years.

I used to call men's FP and I averaged a player a game. Tried some woman's SP and still had to boot one. Several years ago coaches on JO travel teams were terrible and I was either on them hard, and sending them.

Now all I call is H.S. and JO summer ball. Never have a problem with H.S. ball and the JO coaches have definitely improved; they are actually fun to work with now. Sure you get a few arguments when the coaches don't know the rules; sure there are some discussions when the call doesn't go their way. But they are tolerable, and well within the limits of civility.

Now getting well into my senior years, I don't want the crap associated with adult ball. I am enjoying calling the young lady's games.

WMB
There it is right there.. you mention adult FP to a group of umpires and 75% will give you an "are you crazy" look. Why put up with that BS when you can do the same thing for same money and not put up with the jerks doing JO.

Another thing... coaches/players want to leave on the crop hop. Because we are asked not to call technical IPs (crow hopping, stepping forward before the pitch etc).. when you have a good crow hopper who essentially starts his pitch 4 feet in front of the plate, the runners are disadvantaged, so they want to leave on the replant.. it goes on and on.