View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2007, 03:42am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
[quote=GarthB]Worked on a recently renovated high school field yesterday. The one item that stood out over all others was the new RF foul pole. It was placed two feet inside the foul line.
{/quote]
Interested to know how this was handled pre-game since you noiced it then. What was the interp? did the coaches agree or did you God Rule?
Quote:
Third inning, I was in A and the batter hit a shot down the line. I went out on it. The ball went out to the right of the foul pole and to the left of the foul line. I signaled homerun.
As per pre-game. ok, good call.
Quote:
As anticipated, 50% of the fans thought I was blind.
Wow, I can't remember when I had a 50-50 split on any field but I defer to your experience, of course.
Quote:
The home coach later informed me that he had complained to the district about the placement of the pole only to be told that they didn't have the funds to "replant" it.
He didn't mention this in pre-game? Coaches can be such boors.
Quote:
That should guarantee some exciting moments for some time.
Not really, how often will this come up?