Thread: Please Help...
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 24, 2007, 07:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
No, you asked a loaded question. Provide us some examples if LA tests is different from anybody else's. We all have been there where we did not know the ruleset or mechanics. This is not the fault of LA or the association. I bet you that D1 basketball is the same in LA as it is in California. So when you get over yourself, tell us what the real problem is and we might be able to help you.

Whatever you decide, good luck in your officiating career!
Brandan, I hope you know enough to ignore this ridiculous and pointless piece of drivel. OS clearly has no idea how to read for comprehension, and doesn't have a clue as to what you're asking.

I'm e-mailing you privately about sending some past tests, with book references, so that you can study for yours.

The best thing to do is to look at a question, give it your best shot as to the answer, and then search the book to see if you can find the correct answer. Often, you'll find exact wording transfer from the book to the test. Then, if you really can't find what you're looking for in the book, look at the references paper, to find the correct rules reference. After all that, if you really can't get happy about the correct reference, you can ask here on the forum for further enlightenment and understanding. If you can get through 5-10 questions per day, by the time you take your test in the fall, you'll be an ace!

PS No one does 3-man mechanics anymore. The latest trend is 3-whistle or 3-person, and it's catching on like wildfire. Try it, you'll like it!