View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 20, 2007, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
An absolutely terrific outting by Josh Beckett last night in Atlanta (where I'll be on Aug 17!!). Six scoreless innings, really good velocity and seemed to have great location. He's having a great first half, obviously, with 10 wins already. He also contributed an RBI double, which was a rope that Andruw Jones couldn't get to. Jones is really struggling lately, too, going 0-for-his-last-18.

Big Papi hit a homer last night, Veritek had a big hit (maybe coming out of a slump), Manny had a big hit and a big catch in left, and Coco Crisp had an amazing catch in center. The bullpen pitched in when Beckett had to leave after a rain delay. Just a real team effort. Fun to watch.

Aaaaaaand. . . The Yankees drop one in Colorado. Mussina pitched ok, 3 runs in 6 innings, but the offense couldn't get going. Colorado's Willy Taveras hit his 21st bunt single of the season. That leads the majors. Every position player for the Rockies had a hit, except for the shortstop. Jorge Posada played at first base for the first time in 6 years. His thoughts on the subject: "I didn't get a ground ball, thank God."

Orioles are saying that they're interested in Joe Girardi as manager. I heard that it was likely that Girardi would turn down any job this year (since he's still being paid by the Marlins) and see if Torre steps down after the season.