View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 19, 2007, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
OK, you're crazy!

Seriously, I don't understand why you think R1 would also be out, and BR would not be out on the call reversal, right?
Sorry... I'm still waking from my lunch's food coma and meeting that followed immediately after, and I totally misread what you said.

I envisioned something different while thinking of your post - something that actually happened during one of my games. Same scenario, though only 1 out. B2 hits a ground ball to F3, who fields it cleanly and steps on 1B with her left foot for the 2nd out. F3 then steps forward towards HP while R1 is heading home. However, the BR is 4' in fair territory and is about 15' from F3, effectively blocking the throw. F3 then steps with her left foot to her right, crossing over her right leg and throws a lob to F2, who still nearly made the play on R1 at HP. I called DB, talked it over with PU (just to be sure my mind wasn't screwing with me), and we called R1 out.

Offensive team went nuts, pure mayhem, dogs and cats were living together. Mass Hysteria.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.