View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 03:28pm
Official Forum Member

Shooting Straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigD
I didn't defend my actions at all, much less to the "nth degree." It makes me wonder if you can read.

The thread went in a completely different direction than my original question. Some questioned my grasp of reality because I believe the HBP's were not intentional. I wasn't enquiring if anyone else thought they were intentional. The point of my enquiry was whether I should have responded sooner IF I thought they weren't intentional.

The thread went farther off target with a discussion of the legal ramifications of using a bat to threaten or harm someone else before it went even farther off target with the discussion of the Cubs/Padres fight.
It's hard to gain an understanding of a situation and we often write HTBT for had to be there. We discussed your issues from our own interest, POV and experience. From what I read, you seperated the individuals after each HBP. This was the reason the Cubs/Padres fight came into the discussion. We continued to discuss the Cubs/Padres retaliation because we thought it was a proper. Did you missed the compliment for preventing a MLB style brawl?

Everyone agrees that the one game suspension was a light "punishement" for the individual making the threats to harm somneone else. The other team also agreed and thought it was fair and justifiable to continue to hit this guy another 3 times the next game. The person involved decided he merited such punishement/humiliation that he also failed to move out of the way 3 times. I think he has proven that he is no longer a threat to anyone and nothing further should take place.

Notice that I did not discuss your original point of inquiry. It is difficult to answer because I cannot answer the question for you. You must use or reject whatever "good advice" you choose. Another person, Mr. Jenkins, did answer your question. His posts are highly regarded in these parts and it is often hard to ignore his advice. The rest of us, myself included, enjoy the twists and turns attached in each thread. I feel they give "life" to a very boring 1 type of scenario/1 correct answer type of dialogue. It keeps the site from going stale. JMOHO.

Last edited by SAump; Mon Jun 18, 2007 at 03:31pm.