View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctblu40
Let me see if I understand this correctly.
Nope,...that's a swing and a miss. You apparently have trouble reading. In fact, you are 25 posts too late in your wrong assessment. In post #13 of this thread I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigD
I appreciate the replies and agree that I should have given a warning sooner - probably after the second occurance, perhaps after the first, in spite of the fact that I'm certain they weren't throwing at him intentionally. And that was the real point of my enquiry: If I didn't think they were intentionally throwing at the batter should I still give a warning?
Quote:
The title of this thread is Critique Please

CraigD explains in pretty good detail a situation he had in an adult league game. Seemingly, he would like to be critiqued on the way he handled the situation.

Many critiques are given, and most are along the lines of, "You should have warned or ejected soon. You let the situation go too far."
Oops, another swing and miss. I'm pretty sure the quote above indicates that I did receive the critiques you mentioned.

Quote:
Then CraigD defends his actions to the nth degree.
Oh no, another swing and miss. That's okay, son. Go take your seat on the end of the bench and watch the other kids play.

I didn't defend my actions at all, much less to the "nth degree." It makes me wonder if you can read.

The thread went in a completely different direction than my original question. Some questioned my grasp of reality because I believe the HBP's were not intentional. I wasn't enquiring if anyone else thought they were intentional. The point of my enquiry was whether I should have responded sooner IF I thought they weren't intentional.

The thread went farther off target with a discussion of the legal ramifications of using a bat to threaten or harm someone else before it went even farther off target with the discussion of the Cubs/Padres fight.

Quote:
Me thinks he wanted verification, not an honest critique. I've seen that kind of umpire before.
Sorry, but you blu this one, Mr. 40.

I accepted the critique 25 posts ago, but thanks for playing anyway.