View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
A First Time for EVERYthing....

Have yet to hear this before- Saturday I was supposed to work a LL DH at a park about 5 minutes from my house - 2 games @ $45 ** . Game time: 3 pm. I was on my computer about 12:30 , when the Weather Channel warning thing starts going nuts - a t-storm approaching, supposed to be over my head at 1:30 or so. Just as I am reading that - BOOM! Look outside and see BLACK clouds...and starts to POUR for about 45 minutes, with lighter rain continuing after that. I'm figuring : uh-ohh...no game, and start listening for 'that' phone call...and listening...and listening. I finally decide at 2:20 to get dressed, and run up there. I get up there...at 2:30 like I am supposed to...and there is NOBODY there...except..the team from another town the homies were supposed to play. I mean NObody- not even the guy who runs the supply shack/refreshment stand. Now, granted, the fields had water on them..but..they are the top of a small hill, and have drainage. Plus, it stopped raining when I got up there, and the sun came out. Now...the coaches of the other team were P***ed beyond belief..and could not get anybody from the local LL on the phone..so...we waited the requisite 15 minutes past gametime...and VAMOOSED..

anyone ever hear of home team forfeiting like that?

I haven't even told my assignor yet..I figured its not mine or his problem, but theirs!

** LL Seniors - alone - playing teams from other towns