View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2007, 08:13am
Official Forum Member

Rainmaker, I respectfully, respectfully do not wholeheartly agree with you. I am not trying to defend anyone I'm just stating that the term "weak partner" is too harsh of a term. In our own personal opinions, anyone could be classified as a "weak partner if they do not meet our expectations as officials. This is my point.

The rookie can be instructed and can be managed, he's coachable. The stronger partner can work with him, and help them both work together better. That weak partner is the one who inspired the phrase, "Get in, get done, get out".

I understand from your aformentioned statement that consistency is optimum when working with someone who needs more seasoning as an official. However, what about those officials whom been calling five or six years and all it's been is Rec Ball. How do we categorize them?

a) rookie
b) beginner
c) in over their head
d) weak partner

Finally, I like the parting shot you took. You have in your own personal opinion just categorize me as a rookie. Why do we have to put people in categories we do not know personally?

Btw, I get the feeling you're a rookie, and not a weaker partner. But of course, I've never worked with you.[/QUOTE]