View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 11, 2007, 09:54pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie
I do not like the term weak partner. It seems harsh. I view those individuals whom may not have fully developed their officiating as a working progress. We all were once viewed into this WEAK PARTNER manner when we first started.
Rook-- I respectfully disagree. I would define someone who is just starting out as a "rookie" or a "beginner" or "in over his head". A "weak partner" is someone who probably should be able to handle this game, but just isn't making it, somehow.

There are plenty of those who are working hard and trying to get better, but they're just not there yet. They make plenty of mistakes, but it's a different kind of mistakes from the person who's been reffing for 5 or 6 years and still can't handle a 7th grade girls' game.

The rookie can be instructed and can be managed, he's coachable. The stronger partner can work with him, and help them both work together better. That weak partner is the one who inspired the phrase, "Get in, get done, get out".

Btw, I get the feeling you're a rookie, and not a weaker partner. But of course, I've never worked with you.