Thread: Block/Charge?
View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 07, 2007, 01:17pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Now, you go and call offense, next thing you know, you got guys running up underneath each other the rest of the game. I'm not trying to find the needle in the haystack. We're going to keep it simple. Also, the defender should have gone for the steal of the ball instead of trying to draw the tough call from the official. Odds or not in the players favor to get the correct call here, but the way the offensive player turned and stepped, chances where better of stealing the ball here.
You go and call PC foul here, and before you know it, you have guys playing defense all game. We can't have that, now, can we?

As for what's in red above, you're not a coach. We can't make calls based on whether we think the kid made the "smarter" play; only whether he made a legal play. I can just see it now; "Coach, your kid was fouled, but I didn't call it because he hasn't made his free throws all night and he should have taken the three-point shot rather than drive the lane and hope for a tough call from the officials."