View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 07, 2007, 11:01am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
I'm just trying to figure out the justification for giving the HC anything. If the 2 players did it during halftime, they are considered bench personnel, so I would think the HC would get 2 indirect as a result. If they are discovered during the game, then how do we give the HC a T? (Granted, if we know for sure the HC had anything to do with it, I can see T, perhaps flagrant.)
The penalty for "T"s called under R10-3 doesn't include an indirect "T" on a head coach. I wouldn't give out anything under R10-1-2 because that would only be one team technical foul charged, and that isn't penalty enough for what the l'il sh!ts tried to do. They both committed an unsporting act, and both should be punished equally.

The language at the front of 10-4 is good enough for me....."The head coach is responsible for the conduct and behavior of....all other bench personnel." No way I'm letting him skate. If he didn't know what his players were trying to do, then he should have. The only question imo is whether he's gonna get a flagrant "T" or simply a direct "T".

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Thu Jun 07, 2007 at 11:04am.